The 2010 NGS Family History Conference will be held at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. Mark your calendars for 28 April–1 May 2010.
Whether your family helped settle the nation, migrated across the country, stayed in the same place, or recently arrived in America, this conference has much to offer. The family history resources in Salt Lake City, Utah, will provide a depth and breadth to your research. The Family History Library has an extensive collection of international records. A major focus of the conference will be increasing research skills in foreign countries.
Why Should I Come To This Conference?
- Extended Hours at the Family History Library. Spend time researching in a premier library collection. The Family History Library will stay open two hours later on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday during the conference.
- A Virtual Tour of the Granite Mountain Record Vault. During the opening session, FamilySearch will show a new multimedia tour of the vault where it stores master copies of the microfilm collection.
- International Workshops. The conference will offer workshops for Eastern Europe, Italy, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Hispanic countries. Each workshop will combine lectures and hands-on research planning and problem solving, and will include a prearranged lab time at the Family History Library. Pre-registration is required, but there is no additional fee beyond conference registration. More information will be posted soon.
- Ask-an-Expert Consultations. Expert researchers will offer advice in areas such as German, British, and Canadian research as well as general research. No additional fee beyond conference registration. Sign up during pre-registration.
- Beginner Workshops. For persons beginning their research, the conference includes workshops on Tuesday, 27 April and Saturday, 1 May. For a minimal fee, beginners will receive excellent instruction. Conference registration is not required.
What Else Will the Conference Offer?
- Program Sessions. Fantastic lectures cover a wide variety of topics by national top-notch speakers.
- Exhibit Hall. Stroll through an exhibit hall filled with vendors offering a wide variety of genealogy products and services.
- Sponsored Luncheons. Enjoy good food and an engaging speaker while networking with other genealogists.
- Board for Certification of Genealogists Education Fund Workshop. A full-day workshop on Tuesday, 27 April 2010.
- Board for Certification of Genealogists. A complete track of Skillbuilding lectures.
- Librarians’ Day. Librarians’ Day has become a standard pre-conference event for librarians serving genealogists.
- A Celebration of Family History Concert with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir will be held on Thursday, April 29 at 7pm.
- Tours of local sights and research facilities. Salt Lake City offers majestic scenery, pioneer history, and additional research facilities.